Bauman Family Funeral Homes has a long tradition of serving the Iron Range of Minnesota. This group of privately owned Funeral Service Providers is the life ambition of Bill Bauman.
The Cron Funeral Home was started in 1917 by Edward 0. Cron. In 1936, Mr. Cron opened the Cron & Leiding Funeral Home in Cook. Edward J. "Pud" Cron joined the business in 1945 and purchased the business in 1946. Within a year , Ralph Nelson joined the firm and they opened the Cron-Nelson Chapel in Eveleth. Roy Harris joined the firm and it was renamed: Cron-Nelson-Harris. In 1968, Ed sold his share of business to Roy Harris and John Clarke; and in 1969, Ralph also sold to the partnership which formed the Cron-Harris-Clarke Funeral Homes. C-H-C continued in operation until its sale to the Williams Family of St. Cloud in 1982. Bill started at Cron Funeral Home in 1983 and along with is wife Jeannine, purchased the business in 1987 and it was renamed Bauman-Cron Funeral Home.
Northern Minnesota Cremation Service was started in 1980 in the Cron Funeral Home. It is the area's premier cremation provider, complying with the nation's strictest crematory standards and is the Iron Range's only funeral home operated crematory.